First Debate Cold Open
- Bringing in the big guns here with Alec Baldwin, Jim Carey, and Maya Rudolph – great choices.
- “Mr. President, if you keep interrupting this debate, I’ll do absolutely nothing about it.”
- This is actually less chaotic than the actual debate.
- Jim’s Joe Biden face is scarily spot on.
- This was highly anticipated as everyone has been waited for SNL to absolutely rip on that debate.
- Overall, great sketch that has also gone viral. Perfect way to bring in past favorite cast members to start off Season 46.
Chris Rock Monologue
- Right off that bat, I have to say Chris Rock is such a great speaker. He truly captivates when he is on stage.
- Lots of thought-provoking lines.
- Very profound monologue as the season opener, and I am sure glad it started out that way.
- Off to a very strong start with “Edith Puthie”
- “Hopefully you can find Mike Litt later and finish what you started there.”
- Mikey and Beck did a great job as reporters at the scene.
- Overall funny concept of all bad names.
Bottom of Your Face ft. Megan Thee Stallion
- Ego keeping up with Megan is everything.
- When the girls started roasting the guys and then Chris Redd goes “Okay y’all took this a way I ain’t mean.”
- Chris Redd and Chris Rock crushed it in this.
- Song is catchy!
- Kind of funny how he was only focused on the advancement in technology.
- “And she’s a dentist now, respect!”
- Overall, just okay. I think the idea of this sketch is funnier than the actual sketch.
The Drew Barrymore Show
- Chloe’s impressions are so spot on.
- From Drew to Reese to Nicole, so impressive.
- “I feel that Linda, and that’s why we’re paying to renovate your walk-in closet!”
- Good number of funny jokes ripping on Trump
- Bowen Yang is definitely a standout cast member. He really takes his characters to the next level. There was a lot stacked into his 3-minute slot.
- White Claw joke was pretty funny.
- Her saying Michael made me laugh.
OVERALL AVERAGE OF MY RATINGS OF WEEKEND UPDATE: 6.25
- Kind of a confusing intro to the premise.
- Pretty bland, nothing shocking, just the repeat of different women coming in.
- Love Maya Rudolph to death, but I wished they could have included her in a different sketch, not even Maya could save this.
- “Which was hard because then we had to go and shoot the scene.” – best line
- Kate and Aidy make a great duo.
- I really enjoyed their roles in this sketch, however I felt that it still had potential to be more.
No comments to show.